Thursday, November 15, 2012

Winter Is Coming: Using A Smartphone Or Tablet In Extreme Weather Conditions


Here in my small box room on the North Yorkshire coast in North East England, I regularly witness heavy rain, high winds and icy weather battering the commuters and every day folk as they go about their business. I must admit to a guilty smugness as I watch them scurrying around as I make my 6 foot commute from bedroom to office, knowing that I won’t be buffeted by winds, threatened by ice and snow or drenched by the rain.

Of course, it isn’t always like this. From time to time I have to venture outside and this can mean using my phone, tablet or even (in rare cases) a laptop to get work done while in transit.
Extremes of weather can wreak havoc on digital hardware, so it pays to be aware of just what you need to do to keep using your smartphone on extremely hot days, heavy rain and freezing cold weather.

It’s So Cold!
When you’re freezing in your hat and scarf and need to use your phone, the usual method is to hold the phone in one gloved hand and pull the other glove off with your teeth before dialling a number or messaging someone.

There are several steps to keep in mind when it comes to using a smartphone in cold weather. To start with, keep the device charged up as cold temperatures can cause the battery to run down more quickly. In addition, make sure you have a car charger handy and keep the battery topped up in case you run into trouble on the road.
Article resource: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/winter-is-coming-using-a-smartphone-or-tablet-in-extreme-weather-conditions/

No comments:

Post a Comment